Trails Are Open
Trails are in surprisingly good shape after a busy weekend. The temperature dropped to 19 deg on Monday night and allowed some decent grooming. The daytime temps will raise havoc with them during this week we fear. It doesn’t make sense to groom with temps above freezing so we will wait for sub freezing temps before grooming again.
All trails are open with spring conditions, the recent high winds have blown many branches into the trails please give us a hand and throw branches off the trails when you can, this will be a great help.
Finally the Agnew trail reroute is completed, this is a scenic woodland trail that runs for 2.5 miles from Fire road 93 to Red Brook Rd in Jefferson. Many thanks to Jennifer Burnette of the White Mt National Forest and Maggie Machinist of N H Forest and Lands Div plus the private landowners that granted us deeded right of ways through there property, also NH Trails Bureau that granted us a sizable amount of money to finance the undertaking.
Club meetings are usually held on the 2nd Saturday of each month , 7PM at 129 Presidential Highway in Jefferson All are welcome and encouraged to attend. If there are any changes they will be posted to the “Club Calendar”
CLUB memberships can be obtained either through the new NHSA Online Membership Sales Site at www.nhsamembership.com or by joining the club directly through the club website, paper application, or in person.
Beginning immediately clubs will no longer issue Membership Cards that in the past were proof of membership in a snowmobile club to register your sled, instead we will issue a voucher as explained below.
Join as you have in the past
1. Fill out a Membership form as in the past, presenting or mailing it to us along with your payment of dues. The form has four areas marked with an * Your name, your birth date, your E-mail address and your phone NR. It is important that you complete these four questions as they will be necessary for future transactions.
2. We will enter your info into the NHSA database which will allow us to generate a “VOUCHER”(replacing the Membership card) that we can mail to you as in the past or E-mail to you if you are in a hurry. The Voucher will allow you to register your sled(s) at any authorized registration agent.
Join on line through NHSA
You will be able to join a club on line from the comfort of your easy chair, this is why we need your answers to the four * questions on the membership form as this is how you will be able to access your info and make changes in the future. Of course you will still be able to join and register as in the past as described above only with a VOUCHER instead of the Membership card. Please bear with us during this break in period as things are never as smooth as the planners think they will be.
Have you registered your sled Yet? If not you can do it right here in three easy steps.
- Download our Membership Form.
- Complete printed form, and mail with your check to PO BOX 273 Jefferson NH 03583
- We will send you your NHSA membership “VOUCHER” which will allow you to register your machine at any NH OHRV authorized facility, the cost will be the same as in the past $25.00 as an individual or $30.00 as a family.
- Join our club through the NHSA site WWW.nhsamembership.com for $37.00 single or family using your credit card and receive your voucher immediately.
- President: Gerald Reed
- Vice President: Judy Ascetta
- Treasurer: Opal Bronson
- Secretary: Rose Sullivan
- Trail Master: Jerry Mello
- Trail Administrator: Jack Sullivan
The law states that a Groomer has the right of way. Common sense says DO NOT PASS A MOVING GROOMER!!!
RECOMMENDED PRACTICE FOR PASSING A GROOMER approved by NHSA map and trails committee
- FOR ONCOMING SLEDS: The sled should pull off the trail and allow the groomer to pass by.
- OVERTAKING A GROOMER: The groomer operator should find a safe place to pull over and stop. The rider can then check to see if they can safely pass the groomer.
NOTE: The groomer operator will not signal a sled to pass.
Reason: Each rider must take responsibility for passing the Groomer.
NEW HAMPSHIRE STATUTES GOVERNING PASSING A TRAIL GROOMER.
215-c:8 operation of snowmobiles.
section IIIb, Item 3: 10 miles per hour at trail junctions on parking lots, or when passing Trail grooming equipment.