Trails are Closed
It’s that time of year again. Our Trails are Closed and soon gates will be closed in the National Forest. This was a weird year with no snow to start with and plenty of snow late extending the season into April. We hope all enjoyed our trails this year and we hope to see you again next season.
Our club has been a member of the New Hampshire Snowmobile Association (a.k.a. NHSA) for over 40 years. We are located in Jefferson, NH; Coos County, the heart of the White Mountains. We maintain 34 miles of trails within the Jefferson Hi-Landers Snowmobile Club system throughout the year. Our trail system joins hundreds of miles of snowmobile trails in the White Mountain region. Snowmobile New Hampshire’s best trails in the White Mountains.
Club meetings are usually held on the 2nd Saturday of each month , 7PM at 793 Meadows Rd in Jefferson All are welcome and encouraged to attend. If there are any changes they will be posted to the “Club Calendar”
Have you registered your sled Yet? If not you can do it right here in three easy steps.
- Download the Membership Form.
- Complete printed form, and mail with your check to PO BOX 273 Jefferson NH 03583
- We will send you your NHSA membership card which will allow you to register your machine at any NH OHRV authorized facility.
- President: Gerald Reed
- Vice President: Betty Jones
- Treasurer: Opal Bronson
- Secretary: Rose Sullivan
- Trail Master: Jerry Mello
- Trail Administrator: Jack Sullivan
The law states that a Groomer has the right of way. Common sense says DO NOT PASS A MOVING GROOMER!!!
RECOMMENDED PRACTICE FOR PASSING A GROOMER approved by NHSA map and trails committee
- FOR ONCOMING SLEDS: The sled should pull off the trail and allow the groomer to pass by.
- OVERTAKING A GROOMER: The groomer operator should find a safe place to pull over and stop. The rider can then check to see if they can safely pass the groomer.
NOTE: The groomer operator will not signal a sled to pass.
Reason: Each rider must take responsibility for passing the Groomer.
NEW HAMPSHIRE STATUTES GOVERNING PASSING A TRAIL GROOMER.
215-c:8 operation of snowmobiles.
section IIIb, Item 3: 10 miles per hour at trail junctions on parking lots, or when passing Trail grooming equipment.