TRAILS ARE OPEN
Grooming operations are regularly ongoing throughout the week. We have a good base.
This weekend forecast is suggesting substantial additional snow by end of day Sunday.
Please follow posted speed limits.
Respect the landowners who have given us right of way.
Check our Facebook page for more updates.
REGISTER YOUR SLED
Join Through NHSA online.
NHSA’S website is back online, nhsamembership.com, allowing sledders to join clubs using their app. You now have the option of joining as an individual or as a family at different rates, individual $25.00, Family $30.00.
Join through the club directly.
Do it right here in three easy steps!
1. Download our Jefferson Hi-Landers Membership Form.
2. Complete printed form, and mail with your check to PO BOX 273 Jefferson NH 03583
3. We will send you your NHSA membership “VOUCHER” which will allow you to register your machine at any NH OHRV authorized facility.
Note: The cost will be the same as in the past, $25.00 as an individual or $30.00 as a family.
Jefferson Hi-Landers CLUB OFFICERS
- President: Ken Jacquart
- Vice President: Lauren Jacquart
- Treasurer: Opal Bronson
- Secretary: Rose Sullivan
- Trail Master: Jerry Mello
- Trail Administrator: Jack Sullivan
Jefferson Hi-Landers Club Meetings
Club meetings are usually held at 7PM on the 2nd Saturday of each month.
68 Kilkenny View Road, Jefferson, NH
(only house at the end of the road)
All are welcome and encouraged to attend!
If there are any changes they will be posted to the “Club Calendar”
The law states that a Groomer has the right of way. Common sense says DO NOT PASS A MOVING GROOMER!!!
RECOMMENDED PRACTICE FOR PASSING A GROOMER approved by NHSA map and trails committee
- FOR ONCOMING SLEDS: The sled should pull off the trail and allow the groomer to pass by.
- OVERTAKING A GROOMER: The groomer operator should find a safe place to pull over and stop. The rider can then check to see if they can safely pass the groomer.
NOTE: The groomer operator will not signal a sled to pass.
Reason: Each rider must take responsibility for passing the Groomer.
NEW HAMPSHIRE STATUTES GOVERNING PASSING A TRAIL GROOMER.
215-c:8 operation of snowmobiles.
section IIIb, Item 3: 10 miles per hour at trail junctions on parking lots, or when passing Trail grooming equipment.